Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Entertainment PC

So I bought a new HP "Entertainment PC" for which I purchased a new 42 Philips LCD and upgraded to a HD DVR Cable box. And man what a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got started by plugging in my PC to the TV via the HDMI connection, awesome... they finally did... one cable I'm thinking. Of course no audio I notice right of the bat, but that's not my first priority, media center and the remote are.

I fired Media Center up, try to configure the TV and get an error message "IR Hardware Not Detected" or something like that. It looks like a harware problem to me... the program responds to quickly for it to be the repeater plus I think the IR out is an IR OUT! (Every HP tech keeps asking about the stupid repeater)

I'll continue later... preview: 6 Hrs with HP between phone and chatting... Philips support call... Brighthouse support call... replacement PC... and still not working.


Mike DePouw

No comments: